Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Alright kids.

Welcome to my new audioblog. I will feature all kinds of tracks here as my mood suits me and hope that some will spark discussion and possibly expose each other to new shit.

I don't presently have anywhere to host these files, so I'll be going the yousendit.com method. You don't really need to know what thats about if you don't already other than each file will only be able to download so many times before it expires so check back early and often. Now, with that out of the way let's get into it.

The Rance Allen Group- If I Could Make The World Better
truth records

This amazing b-side to stax record's jazz/soul/gospel fusionists "aint no need of crying" totally blew me away the first time i heard it. Despite minor frustration that I have with it's speed for running just under where i i'd like it on the organ/drum breaks, (nothing a pitch control doesn't fix), it's one of my favorite songs at the moment.


Bettye Swann- My Heart is Closed for the Season
capitol records
This song bears a striking resemblence to Dre and Cool's jawn for "Hate it or Love it" but I'll let you decide. honest jons has recently done it again, after the candi staton complilation that had the most modern of music heads checking their soul peers crates, they bring us bettye swann. I am biased in stacking the two side by side because although I like staton, I have been in love with bettye and this track in particular for some time now. I'd say the comp is worth the dodgy price tag for this cut alone, but there isn't a clunker among them.

Both of these tracks are on the latest comp I did, I promised to send them out around a month ago, I didn't. Remind me if you wanted one and I'll try to get it out there. Seeing as it's free and the artwork is pretty basic, you may as well just make your own copy of it from the tracks which will all be posted here eventually.

peace.

2 Comments:

Anonymous grace said...

i approve.

9:16 AM  
Blogger tinks said...

yup yup.

11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home